onsdag 30. mai 2012

Bitches got told

I just lost a bit of respect for people in this town...

Today, two girls, apparently from my sister's class, were standing outside of the supermarket as I walked out of it. I walked past them to find a spot to wait for my mother to come pick me up, since she drove me there. Then, I noticed the girls starting to imitate the way I walk, which of course is a bit different from how they walk since I am born with Arthrogryposis in both my legs and have had several surgeries in my childhood because of that. They were laughing and looking to see if I noticed, then continued laughing and imitating my walk.


They should not have done that. 

They've laughed at me as I've passed them and given me the finger and such things before, and I've ignored it. But this time, I DID NOT just sit back and take it. My first reaction was shock, then I decided that I'm not going to take crap from anyone, or let anyone make me feel bad for the way I look again. Because to my annoyance, their actions DID make me feel bad, and I got reminded of all the similar episodes I've had in my past.

I just got home to my mom's place in this little village after an amazing year at a boarding school, where everyone accepted everyone, so getting back to THIS was pretty shocking for me. I guess I had forgotten that human beings can be idiots. Well, anyway, I told them off. I screamed, I cursed, and apparently, I ended up scaring the living fuck out of those girls, because in the end, they were actually running away from me. There were other people around too, and the girls got so embarrassed and humiliated that they didn't know what to do. I hope they are fucking embarrassed. I hope they are fucking scared. I hope they have learned not to mess with me. What is wrong with people. Seriously, making fun of people with disabilities? Or anyone, for that matter?! Did they think I would just accept that???

I guess they won't make fun of my walk again. And if they do, I am not going to react any different than this time. I know that was a major wasting of my energy, I probably should have just ignored them, but I will not lie and say that it didn't feel great to stand up for myself. If ignoring them only tells them it's OK to do things like that, then I'm sure as hell not going to stay silent!

This episode made me realize that I had actually forgotten about the cruelties of mankind while I was at Toten Folkehøgskole. I want to thank all those wonderful people in that school for that!!

OK I'm done with my rant. I just needed to get that out of my system.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar